Expert Project Management
Project management can make or break a real estate strategy—poor management can delay a major event or product launch, put the brakes on a planned business portfolio, or add layers of cost and confusion.
That’s why we count our professional project managers as project leaders. We provide a single point of accountability and leadership in every project, large and small, and a culture that takes initiative and embraces the responsibility to get it done right, on time and on budget.
We provide expertise that can anticipate project hurdles and be ready with a solution.
We believe research services must offer more than data and historical perspective. That’s like looking in a rear-view mirror to see what’s next on the road ahead.
Instead, we use research to help our clients understand emerging trends and take advantage of the cyclical
—and therefore, somewhat predictable—nature of many niche real estate markets. There are winners and losers in every market, no matter the market conditions; sometimes the market favors owners, sometimes it favors occupiers. Sometimes buyers are in the driver’s seat; sometimes the sellers are in control.
We help you harness this insight to make long-term decisions that affect your business and financial portfolio. That means connecting the dots between new construction starts, absorption and overall economic growth in a region. It also means guarding against trends that could squeeze your business out of the expansion space it needs to thrive, or trends that could thwart a redevelopment project before it’s delivered to market.
In addition to our property research services tailored to our clients’ individual needs, we create global, regional and local market reports and forecast documents such as the Global Investor Sentiment Survey that offer actionable insight segmented by property type.
Smart researchers know that the numbers don’t tell the whole story, which is why we tap our local market experts to give further insight behind the numbers.
For example, when one quarterly industrial market report revealed declining property sale price rates, an owner might assume it was due to a weaker market for property owners. However, our expert noted that just the opposite was true: the market was strengthening for owners, and due to a “flight to quality,” most top-tier space was already sold. This left only the lesser-priced space available on the market, so sales were completed at lower price points, driving down the average rate.
This is an example of how insight beyond the numbers can translate into a smarter strategy for the future. Our research services capitalize on our breath and depth of local market expertise to help you take advantage of trends and make better business decisions.
Our approach to property marketing is not a laundry list of marketing tactics. We have developed a go-to- market system that creates strong demand, a competitive environment and a continuous feedback loop, allowing course corrections throughout the property marketing cycle.
We distinguish our property marketing services from other firms in two ways: we segment your prospects to make the best possible use of marketing resources, and we have a system to drive prospects through a “transaction filter,” taking them from basic awareness of your property through the contract stage.
- Market segmentation. Most property marketing proposals list dozens of tactics—signage, online listings, flyers and tours—but lack strategic segmentation of the potential market to make the best use of available resources.
Our approach is to develop a prospecting hierarchy that defines your best possible tenants, renters, or buyers, such as those with the greatest need or those likely to pay the highest price.
- Primary targeting: We connect with the best prospects through high-touch, personal contact including calls and tours.
- Secondary targeting: We connect with our database of appropriate targets through direct marketing, such as email and broker contact.
- Transaction filtering. It’s not enough for a prospect to simply know about your property’s availability— they need to understand how it can better serve their needs, or else that prospect might dismiss the opportunity before fully appreciating its value to their business.
Our property-marketing experts not only generate leads, but also carefully track them as we build the prospect’s knowledge about your property, answer questions and tackle concerns and impediments.
- Awareness stage: The prospect is aware of the property availability, its location and
- Understanding stage: The prospect sees the value for their own business and unique
- Interaction stage: The prospect assesses the property and undergoes a cost vs. profit analysis to determine
- Transaction stage: The prospect moves through the negotiation and contract
As a result of this stage tracking, we generate feedback that alerts owners to issues that can be corrected during the property marketing and brokerage process.