Selling Your Property: Costs and Fees
The process of selling your property can involve several costs and fees. The following information is very general. Many of these items can be negotiated with the buyer. Consult your agent for details.
- Document preparation fee for deed.
Documentary transfer tax.
Any city transfer/conveyance tax (according to contract).
Any loan fees required by buyer’s lender.
- Payoff of all loans in seller’s name (or existing loan balance if being assumed by buyer).
- Interest accrued to lender being paid off, statement fees, reconveyance fees and any prepayment penalties.
- Home warranty (according to contract).
- Title insurance premium (according to contract).
Tax proration (for any taxes unpaid at time of transfer of title).
Any unpaid homeowner’s dues.
- Recording charges to clear all documents of record against seller.
Any bonds or assessments (according to contract).
Any and all delinquent taxes.
- Escrow fees (according to contract).
- Any judgments against the seller.